The breaker-point Ignition system also called conventional ignition system. The following points should be noted in the use and maintenance of the breaker-point ignition system.
4. If a ballast resistor of ignition coil and high voltage wire are damaged, it cannot be replaced by common wire.
5. The spark plugs shall be cleaned or replaced in time after carbon deposition. It is better to replace the spark plugs of all cylinders.
6. Pull the high-voltage wire with dust cover by hand and pull it up. Do not grasp the wire and pull it hard.
7. If the ignition coil is abnormal and damaged, also the contact point is easily burnt. When you replace the ignition coil, also check the wiring of ignition coil to the distributor whether is faulty.
8. If the secondary windings of the ignition coil are often burned out, it is necessary to check whether the spark plug electrode gap is too large, whether the high-voltage wire is loose, and whether the distributor rotor and electrodes are burned out.